Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service is connected with storing and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server managed by a web hosting distributor. There are various classes of hosting services used for different aims, so let's take a peek at them. Doing so, you can conclude what you need, depending on whether you wish to own a blog, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service delivered by some file storage providers, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage solutions are often supported by exhibiting adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain span of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allocate the load between individual hosts of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different web page hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting kind is appropriate if you would like to share a big quantity of pictures with buddies or acquaintances since the service is mostly free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your email mailbox accounts. Some distributors provide web page hosting services for sites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you wish to run an email address with your domain name but do not want to run a website, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can open mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a hard time with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to administer as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to possess a site. To some degree, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and email address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Lonex, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared with the normal email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for particular content only.